General Tso’s Chicken is a popular American style Chinese dish in America. The sour favor and crunchy textual bring irreplaceable taste experience. And a lot of Chinese restaurants put this dish as their house special. So let’s learn hot to make this General Tso’s Chicken.
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts,
cubed 1/2 c. cornstarch, plus 2 tbsp.
1 c. flour
Freshly ground black pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
red pepper flakes
1/2 c. chicken broth
2 tbsp. hoisin sauce
3 tbsp. honey
4 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tbsp. lime juice
2 c. broccoli, florets only
2 c. carrots, thinly sliced
Sesame seeds, for garnish
2 c. cooked white rice, for serving
- In a large bowl, dredge chicken in cornstarch. Shake off excess. Transfer pieces to another large bowl filled with flour and toss to coat again. Shake off any excess and set aside.
- Fill a large, deep skillet with 1/2″ vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Fry chicken until golden and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, then drain and set aside.
- To skillet, add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. Cook garlic and chili flakes until fragrant, 2 minutes. Add in chicken broth, making sure to scrape up any brown bits with spatula. Pour in hoisin sauce, honey, soy sauce, and lime juice. Add 2 tablespoons cornstarch and stir to incorporate. Let simmer until slightly thickened, 10 minutes.
- To sauce, add broccoli and carrots and cook until tender, 5 minutes. Return to skillet and stir to coat. Simmer for 3 more minutes.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve over rice.